- Feb 22nd, 1860
- Marie is born. She is the eldest in her family and is baptised in the Church of Saint-Pierre at Montsort.
- Oct. 1868
- Marie and Pauline are sent to the Visitation Sisters’ boarding school
- Jul 2nd, 1869
- First Holy Communion in the Visitation Convent Chapel.
- Jan 4th, 1873
- The Baptism of Thérèse. Marie acts as godmother.
- Aug 2nd, 1875
- She leaves the Visitation boarding school having been awarded 6 first prizes.
- Fr. Pichon S.J. becomes her Spiritual Director.
- May 13th 1883
- Marie cares for Thérèse who becomes seriously ill after Pauline’s entry into the Carmelite Convent. When Thérèse recovers, Marie perceives that she was healed by the Virgin’s smile.
- Marie becomes the confidante for Thérèse’s scruples.
- Mar 25th 1885
- She makes a private vow of chastity.
- Oct 15th 1886
- She enters the Carmelite Convent at Lisieux and takes the name Sr. Marie of the Sacred Heart.
- Mar 19th 1887
- She takes the habit (final profession)
- Dec. 1894
- She encourages Mother Agnes of Jesus (Pauline) to ask Thérèse to write her memories of childhood.
- Jun-Jul 1895
- Thérèse makes her Offering to Merciful Love to Sr. Marie of the Sacred Heart who accepts after some hesitation.
- Sep 8-17, 1896
- Marie asks Thérèse to put her “little doctrine” in writing (Manuscript B).
- Mar 8th, 1937
- Marie becomes seriously ill and receives the Sacrament of Extreme Unction (Last Rites)
- Jan 1st, 1940
- Marie dies at the Lisieux Carmelite Convent at the age of 80
Dans la même rubrique...
Marie (Sister Marie of the Sacred Heart)
sister of saint Therese of Lisieux
Significant dates in her life